Category Archives: Community

Australia is Burning!

After a long drought, when everything is tinder dry, bushfires are raging all around Australia. Homes, fences, crops, machinery, livestock, and more have gone up in smoke. Australia has a lot of work to do to recover. Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

The Love of Ceremony

I love the ceremony and the music of military bands.
Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Bad Behaviour in Adolescents & Smacking

Young Children Misbehaving In recent days there has been quite a bit of media about bad behaviour in adolescents.  To watch the way some young children as young as 10 years old committing vandalism, and violence is frightening.   I think … Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Aged Care is Not a Home – Article

Further discussion following the article “Aged Care is not a Home” – which was in the SMH and reported to the Royal Commission on Aged Care. Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Safety of Little Children

Missing Boy It was only a few days ago, that I “found” a missing boy.  My understanding is that it was a couple of hours before his parents reported to the police that their toddler could not be located.  That … Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Lost Little Boy

The Unexpected It was totally unexpected. Here I was, minding my own business, driving to the Car Wash at Rothwell, as my car was dirty and dusty, when it happened.  I saw a little boy – perhaps between 2 and … Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Where have all the manners gone?

What Manners? I remember when there was respect for others.  My teachers were called Mr, Mrs or Miss.  I remember when I was a nurse, we never referred to those we worked with without their title.  Even if I worked … Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , | Leave a comment

House Sitting Ends – A New Home

Solo Decision Making One of the challenges of living alone, means that you don’t have that partner to discuss various issues.  You have to make most decisions solo.  Now, I know I have been known to say that I don’t … Continue reading

Posted in Community | Leave a comment

The Ugliness of Racism

Stolen Children Racism was on the agenda at the weekend. I was at an event where a First Nation lady, (they prefer that terminology rather than “indigenous“) spoke of her sad childhood. After being taken from her family and sent … Continue reading

Ideas for Australian Country Living in Drought Times

The Drought The drought across Australia is certainly giving us all concerns.  Our farmers are really doing it tough and we are all praying and hoping that rain will come and make life easier for them.    We live in … Continue reading